Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
Hey there! You’ve found our blog. As a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education, we’ve written all kinds of informative content — everything from lube 101 and sex toy cleaning to the history of sex toys and masturbation tips. Here’s a breakdown of our blog categories and posts so you can find just what you’re looking for!
Guides & how-to
Need some help picking out and using a toy? We have in-depth guides on a wide variety of topics!
- How to choose your first vibrator
- How to choose a rabbit or dual vibe
- How to choose and enjoy a G-spot toy
- Lube 101
- Sex toy cleaning guide
- How to choose an anal toy
- How to find and stimulate the prostate
- The lowdown on kegel exercises
- How to use a cock ring
- Guide to masturbation sleeves
- How to choose a harness
- How to pick out porn
- Guide to sex toys during menopause
- Guide to STP (stand-to-pee) devices
- Guide to traveling with sex toys
- Eco-friendly sex toys
- Locally-made products
We’ve covered a bunch of interesting stories and topics over the years. Here are some of our faves; visit the full section to read more.
- Behind the curtain at Whoopee! A Sex-Positive Variety Show
- The past and future of edible sex products
- Why you shouldn’t buy sex toys on Amazon
- Finally, inclusive children’s sex ed books
- Re-learning orgasm
- The academic study of porn
- Good porn for women: it exists!
- The glory of sex-positive emojis
- Japanese vulva artist jailed, but undeterred
- Embracing the sexual needs of Little People
- Tracking the history of American sex ed films
- These products are not just for sex, folks
- The untold story of the donut/penis sex tip
- Innovative condom prototypes given funding
- The havoc toxic toys can wreak on the body
- Orgasms better for your brain than puzzles
- Uberlube and the many uses for silicone lube
- Sexy tips for surviving a hot day
- Finding empowerment at Madison Moone’s burlesque class
- Art depicts the true shape of the clitoris
- Traveling with sex toys — your stories!
- Portland Queer Girl City Guide
- The crusade against phthalates and toxic toys
- A glimpse at comprehensive sex ed
- The problem with identity-based sex toy categories
- TSA a-okay with sex toys
- Your next vacation stop: a penis museum
You have questions; we have answers.
- Does the G-spot exist?
- What are phthalates?
- Can I become addicted to my vibrator?
- So, what does your family think?
She Bop’s Picks
Need a gift idea for yourself or someone else? Check out our product round-ups!
What We Bop
Shining a spotlight on sex toy materials and the unique benefits of each.
Learn all about sex industry pioneers and history.
- The history of sex toys
- When dildos came out of the closet
- Steve Jobs and the lesbian erotic revolution
- From velcro to veterans: the history of Sportsheets
- A peek inside Crave’s vibrator factory
- Jimmyjane and sophisticated sex toy design
- Hitachi Magic Wand, minus the “Hitachi”
- Tristan Taormino
- Erika Lust + a closer look at Erika Lust’s films + Erika Lust turns anonymous fantasies into reality
- Courtney Trouble
- Shine Louise Houston + thrills and mundanities on a queer porn set
- Interview with Jiz Lee for Fisting Day
- Candida Royalle
- Joanna Angel
- Carlos Batts
- Madison Young
- Buck Angel
Celebrate May in style with our tips and tricks.