Due to COVID-19, our classes will be held online until further notice. You'll receive an email with access information prior to the event. While classes are LIVE in nature and by default not recorded, some educators have chosen to offer recordings of their classes to pre-registered attendees; please inquire for specifics. Interested in a private group class? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's talk!
Class cancellation policy: refund in the form of store credit if cancellation is at least 24 hours prior to the event. No day-of cancellations.
Workshops can be ASL interpreted upon request. Please request interpretation at least 1 week in advance in the notes section of your order or email us at email@example.com.
Cruising for a Bruising: Intro to Impact Play
July 26 @ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm PDT
This class will be held LIVE online via Zoom — you’ll receive an email with access information beforehand. The class will be recorded and available for a limited time shortly following the class. Registration deadline: 3 hours prior to class PST. No day-of cancellations.
Pain, pleasure, and power dynamics, oh my! The practices of BDSM offer much more than fan fiction fodder, but only when practiced safely and consensually. “Impact play” describes one of the many facets of engaging in BDSM, and Andre Shakti has a decade of both recreational and professional experience to share to optimize your impact play creativity, connection and success!
Throughout this workshop we will:
- Unpack why people seek to engage in impact play from both the top AND the bottom!
- Touch on sensation play, restraint, and sensory deprivation play as they relate to impact play!
- Review all that juicy anatomy and identify body parts that are safe to play with!
- Talk about getting in touch with our own kinky desires: how do we know what we like?
- Strategize how to initiate dialogues with our partners about impact play, as well as identify “red flags” when seeking potential new impact play partners!
- Learn about consent as it relates to pre-scene, in-scene, and post-scene communication!
- Define “aftercare” and identify multiple methods of practicing it after a scene!
- Cover a list of basic impact play implements to experiment with!
- Share resources on further education, and more!
Andre Shakti (she/her) is a veteran queer/cisgender/polyamorous educator, activist and professional slut based in Baltimore, MD. She helms and hosts SANCTUARY Virtual Strip Club, bringing LGBTQ+ dirty digital delights to private screens. She strips, she whips, and she likes dogs more than you.
We’re offering 2 free class spots to folks with financial need; please fill out this form if you are interested. Two people will be chosen randomly and contacted at least 2 weeks prior to class to confirm.