Monday, August 8th — 7:30 pm — $20
Curious about this new “lovestyle” you’re hearing a lot about called polyamory? Maybe you’ve read all the books but want to talk to folks actually living and loving the poly lifestyle. Whatever your reason or level of experience, join Reid Mihalko and Girl Sex 101 author Allison Moon for 2 hours of tips and tricks and Q&A!
In this fun, informative, and easy-to-understand primer on polyamory and open relationships, Reid and Allison will cover:
- Definitions, vocabulary, and different ways to construct non-monogamous relationships
- The elements that make polyamory workable (and those that create frustration and regrets)
- Open relationships’ most common pitfalls and how YOU can avoid them
- How to create safety by figuring out and negotiating your boundaries and agreements
- How to find your Perfect Poly Fit and merge different poly styles to decrease upset and increase your odds that everyone is happier and MORE fulfilled
- 3 tips and tools that will help you survive any poly exploration
- The secret reframe that turns jealousy from a death knell into a beacon of hope and healthy relating
- Resources, books, and tools to proceed into the world of responsible non-monogamy, at whatever your preferred pace or interest level… tools that help in monogamy, too!
Opening up relationships can be tricky, but it’s not impossible. Show up with your questions and leave with new-found confidence and self-esteem for your relationships and sex life!
Allison Moon is author of the award-winning, critically-acclaimed sex ed book Girl Sex 101, the Tales of the Pack series of novels about lesbian werewolves, and the sexual memoir, Bad Dyke. As a sex educator, Allison has presented her workshops to thousands of people around the US and Canada.
Reid Mihalko helps adults and college students create more self-esteem, self-confidence and greater health in their relationships and sex lives using an inspiring mixture of humor, keen insight, and comprehensive sexual health information. He frequently speaks at colleges and universities, and regularly appears in the media sharing his views on consent, dating, and shame-free sexuality.
This class has already taken place. Thanks for attending!