She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. We are currently seeking a General Manager to fill one of the most exciting retail jobs Portland, Oregon has to offer! You will manage all aspects of the daily operations of the retail sales floor and support our team at our Mississippi location. This position ranges from 35-40 hours per week with weekend and evening availability a must. Applicant must have reliable transportation to meet the needs of either location. Visit our website for more information: www.sheboptheshop.com.
She Bop welcomes all applicants and is committed to creating a diverse environment.
Please apply if you:
- have 2+ years previous retail management job experience.
- are a proven strategic leader that leads by example, builds by consensus, and embraces change in a positive, fast paced team environment.
- enjoy leading teams to success through clear direction and support.
- have the ability to self motivate and able to manage change effectively.
- have an interest in promoting sex positivity and are comfortable with talking about sexuality.
- Oversee all aspects of managing the retail environment.
- Positively support team members and empower them to be successful both individually and within the team.
- Hold staff accountable for meeting the expectations of their positions.
- Hire, train, review, and hold sales staff accountable.
- Resolve staff issues and concerns and seek assistance from the management team as needed
- Create and manage employee schedule according to payroll budget to ensure optimal coverage at proper times and to minimize overstaffing.
- Prepare payroll and monitor staff timesheets
- Handle cash deposits
- Meet weekly with the CEO and CFO to set weekly goals, review progress and receive additional training as needed
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position requires standing and walking for up to 10 hours per day. It also requires lifting a minimum of 25 lbs, bending, and climbing a step ladder during the shifts to complete the required tasks.
If you would like to join our team please email a cover letter and resume by 8/15/19 to: resumes@sheboptheshop(dot)com with your name first in the subject line.
You must be 18 years or older to apply for this position. Compensation starts between $50,000 and $60,000 D.O.E. Benefits include: 50% of medical, dental and vision insurance covered by the company with a minimum of 30 hours per week, Simple IRA with a 3% match, employee discount, Paid Time off, and educational opportunities.
She Bop is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.