She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. We are currently seeking an Assistant Buyer to support the Owner/Buyer on purchasing, inventory and merchandising. This exciting position requires about 20 hours per week with weekend availability a must. Applicant must have a reliable vehicle for transportation. Visit our website for more information: www.sheboptheshop.com.
She Bop welcomes all applicants and is committed to creating a diverse environment.
Please apply if you have:
- 2+ years previous retail experience,
- strong organizational skills and a desire to promote sex positivity,
- some experience transferable to being a retail buyer,
- and previous customer service experience.
Assistant Buyer Job Overview:
- Work with Buyer to order merchandise within allotted budget
- Resolve purchase order issues with vendors
- Responsible for invoicing vendor POs, checking payment and posting in Lightspeed as applicable
- Research new products and vendors to expand the She Bop offerings
- Continuously work to improve product knowledge through product training and research
- Attend trade shows and buying events as directed by Buyer
- Work with GM and AGM to oversee stock levels and limit shrinkage
- Responsible for monthly inventory reporting to Executive Team
- Analyze product sales figures, strategize product mix and seasonal inventory with CEO
- Maintain adequate stock of shipping supplies
- Deal with all aspects of preparing and shipping web orders
- Handle customer special order requests
- Transfer product from one shop to another and pick up product from local vendors
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position requires standing and walking for up to 10 hours per day. It also requires lifting a minimum of 25 lbs, bending, and climbing a step ladder during the shifts to complete the required tasks.
If you would like to join our team please email a cover letter and resume by 8/15/19 to: resumes@sheboptheshop(dot)com with your name first in the subject line.
You must be 18 years or older to apply for this position. Compensation starts between $17-22 per hour. D.O.E. Benefits include: 50% of medical, dental and vision insurance covered by the company with a minimum of 30 hours per week, Simple IRA with a 3% match, employee discount, Paid Time off, and educational opportunities. This position can be combined with other positions within the company such as Sales Associate, Lead Associate, Social Media Content Producer.
She Bop is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.