Sunday, July 2nd — 7:30 p.m. — $10
Please note: This class is for people UNDER 18 years old. You must have a parent or guardian accompany you to this class to sign a consent form. They do not have to stay throughout the entire class, but may do so. Please leave a note with your order if a parent or guardian will be joining you for class so we can make sure to provide enough chairs. (They do not need to purchase an additional spot.)
Are you under 18, trans*, gender variant, genderqueer or questioning? If so, this class is for you! She Bop’s very own Sid Need and Wyatt Riot will go over just about everything you need to express your most confident and authentic self: STPs, packers, breast forms, prosthetics, pack & plays, gaffs, binders, books, and community support. Sid and Wyatt will pull from their own personal experiences, as well as their experiences as sex educators, to answer any questions you might have. No worries if you are feeling shy; notecards will be provided so you can ask your questions anonymously. We will also have an allotted amount of time to assist you in trying things on if you so wish.
Wyatt is a manager and assistant buyer at She Bop and has been working there for over 5 years. This tenderheart has been out as queer and trans for over half his life (that’s roughly 16+ years). They enjoy taking naps, talking about feelings, introverting, and eating all the delicious things.
Sid identifies as a queer trans man and uses the pronouns he/him/his. He has been with She Bop for three years and has volunteered with SMYRC in the past. He is a certified sex coach, sex educator, musician, and has a minor in gender studies.
If you are interested in an 18+ over class, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Limited space available — sign up online!
We have some fun snippets of news to share with everyone! We’ve been mentioned on a couple websites recently, and our staff has been busy publishing some awesome (and informative!) articles that we think you should check out.
At the end of December, a blogger named the Redhead Bedhead visited us and wrote a little something about her experience. We don’t allow photos to be taken inside the shop to protect customer privacy, but the Redhead Bedhead let us know she was coming and we arranged to have her visit one morning before we opened to snap a few shots and chat with us. Great fun!
Read her post to see some photos of the shop and find out which sex toys Evy would bring to a deserted island (and which toy our whole staff agrees is amazing), plus what music we like to play in the shop. The Redhead Bedhead even mentioned us in two other recent posts: People That Made My 2012 and Why Good Sex Shops Matter (we agree!).
Meanwhile, our sales associate and educator Wyatt Riot writes a column for PQ Monthly called “What a Riot!” that is always a good read. His latest column is about the Portland kink scene. He discusses common kink terminology and PDX kink resources such as meetings, panel discussions, and play parties (like the one he co-organizes, Dirty Playground).
Broadsheet360 (the same site where a contributor wrote about her experience at one of our burlesque classes) published an article about holiday gift-giving in December that mentions us and our community work during our 10% Tuesday promotions. Broadsheet360 writes:
She Bop is about stuffing stockings all year round and they have six non-profits that they support throughout the year with their 10% Tuesday fundraisers. Those non-profits are: Bitch Media, providing a feminist response to pop culture; Bradley Angle, assisting survivors of domestic violence; In Other Words, a feminist community center; Portland Women’s Crisis Line, for survivors of domestic and sexual violence; TransActive, serving the diverse needs of transgender and gender nonconforming children, youth, their families and allies; and the Q Center, Portland’s LGBTQ Community Center.
As it happens, we’re in the midst of our January fundraiser for In Other Words right now! Get in on that if you want to support the efforts of Portland’s premiere feminist bookstore and community center.
And to top things off, our former sales associate and educator, Yana, who moved back east last February, is rocking it out with her sex-positive writing lately! In a recent article for Curve magazine about toys for trans* folks, she graciously mentioned us as a trans-friendly shop in Portland.
The article also includes a nod to many products we carry, such as Silky (A.K.A Mr. Bendy), Goodfella (and other VixSkin dildos), Tomboi, Vibrating Pleasure Pump, 3 Cylinder Pump System, Sliquid Stimulating O Gel, and trans* literature and media such as Take Me There, Couch Surfers, Roulette, and Original Plumbing.
Thanks again to the Redhead Bedhead and Broadsheet360 for featuring us on your sites! And Yana and Wyatt, you guys are awesome and we always love reading what you have to say.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- May 4, 2017 – Beyond Monogamy
- May 17, 2017 – Wet & Wild: G-spot and Squirting Orgasms
- June 1, 2017 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- June 4, 2017 – Curvy Girl Sex: Body Positive Positions to Empower Your Sex Life
- June 11, 2017 – Sex and Survivorship: Navigating Sex After Cancer
- July 2, 2017 – Your Gender is Awesome: A Class for Trans Youth
- Join mother-daughter duo Leslie Heron + our educator Gretchen for an informative & fun class on cancer & sexuality. https://t.co/rJqKvzxfd0
- A film crew has blocked off parts of Mississippi Ave this morning. They should be done in an hr. We recommend parking near N. Borthwick Ave!
- Today is the last day to support @CalltoSafety by shopping with us. 10% of your purchase goes to their amazing work. https://t.co/dzkMi7Vmzh
- If you've been interested in kegel balls but unsure about the cost, these are very reasonable at only $26! NICE! https://t.co/0fZBY5rgc0
- Do you have a trans, gender variant, or genderqueer youth in your life? We have a new class just for under-18 peeps! https://t.co/8dLHndMSFa
- Have you been to Whoopee! yet? We spoke with show creator, @Amory_Jane, about her sex-positive variety show! https://t.co/oPAVcQUdq0
- 10% Tuesday is upon us! Visit us in person or shop online today & 10% of our sales will be donated to @CalltoSafety. https://t.co/dzkMi7Vmzh
- Orgasms will not be mythical with the Unicorn Wand! We could not resist this powerful vibe with unicorn attachment. https://t.co/BCf2iMTMm8
- We know how much you've been clamoring for a G-spot and squirting class! @stellaerotica is teaching one in May! https://t.co/8JmtMTTWYU
- Looking for a set of introductory vibrating anal beads? @rocksoffltd's Petite Sensations Beads might fit the bill! https://t.co/Q55aiWJ2Tr
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury