Summer is here and during such an outdoorsy season, stand-to-pee devices (STPs) are more sought after than ever! STPs make it possible for any person with a vulva to pee standing up — no more hovering awkwardly over porta potties at concerts or leaving your butt bug-vulnerable when camping. STPs can also be essential to a trans person wanting to use a urinal discreetly and comfortably. Thinking about where and when you are going to be using your STP can help steer you toward the perfect one for your needs.
We carry quite a few STP devices and prosthetics, all of which are non-porous and therefore easy to clean. The pStyle, for example, is an inexpensive option and relatively simple to use. When placed under the urethra, it serves as a funnel for the urinary stream. Because the pStyle is made of rigid plastic, many people find it easier to use than softer silicone STPs — however, it cannot be folded up for transport. The pStyle comes in a variety of different colors, and we have several super cute carrying cases to choose from!
Want a softer STP? The Fenis and Mr. Fenis are fairly inexpensive silicone options. Mr. Fenis comes in flesh-like tones and has a realistic head at the end of the shaft. (Although Mr. Fenis looks more realistic, it is not meant for packing.) Both the Fenis and Mr. Fenis are very pliable, making them foldable and portable, but you want to be sure the base is cupped securely against the body to prevent any dribble.
If you’re looking for something more realistic that can double as a packer, the Model D and Model D Sport are good options. They are essentially the same product, but the Model D has slightly larger balls. These products are made of silicone, come in several skin tone colors, and don’t require any attachments to be used as STPs. For packing, the Model D and Model D Sport can fold down to create a natural-looking bulge. The Slingshot Harness is specifically designed to hold these models securely in place. However, packing undies like the Spareparts Pete (or even just snug-fitting briefs or boxer briefs with a pouch) can work fine; you might just want to take extra precaution that everything is properly adjusted. As with any packer, pick a size that works best for your body and think about how much of a bulge you want making an appearance.
Sam the STP by New York Toy Collective is the newest addition to our STP collection and can serve as both a packer and STP. It’s made of medical grade silicone, yet softer than the Model D and Model D Sport, and therefore easier to fold up if you don’t want to be packing. Sam has a wide open base that extends down to the balls, making this STP fairly straightforward to use. Since the base of Sam needs to connect with the body, any sort of packing underwear or harness that is open at the back would work fine with this model.
Before using any STP in public, we recommend trying it out in the shower to get a feel for how it works. Some STPs take a little practice to gauge how much urinary flow control you’re going to need to prevent any spills or dribbles. As always, we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about any of our products. If you’re local, pop into the shop so you can see them for yourself!
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- May 4, 2017 – Beyond Monogamy
- May 17, 2017 – Wet & Wild: G-spot and Squirting Orgasms
- June 1, 2017 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- June 4, 2017 – Curvy Girl Sex: Body Positive Positions to Empower Your Sex Life
- June 11, 2017 – Sex and Survivorship: Navigating Sex After Cancer
- July 2, 2017 – Your Gender is Awesome: A Class for Trans Youth
- Join mother-daughter duo Leslie Heron + our educator Gretchen for an informative & fun class on cancer & sexuality. https://t.co/rJqKvzxfd0
- A film crew has blocked off parts of Mississippi Ave this morning. They should be done in an hr. We recommend parking near N. Borthwick Ave!
- Today is the last day to support @CalltoSafety by shopping with us. 10% of your purchase goes to their amazing work. https://t.co/dzkMi7Vmzh
- If you've been interested in kegel balls but unsure about the cost, these are very reasonable at only $26! NICE! https://t.co/0fZBY5rgc0
- Do you have a trans, gender variant, or genderqueer youth in your life? We have a new class just for under-18 peeps! https://t.co/8dLHndMSFa
- Have you been to Whoopee! yet? We spoke with show creator, @Amory_Jane, about her sex-positive variety show! https://t.co/oPAVcQUdq0
- 10% Tuesday is upon us! Visit us in person or shop online today & 10% of our sales will be donated to @CalltoSafety. https://t.co/dzkMi7Vmzh
- Orgasms will not be mythical with the Unicorn Wand! We could not resist this powerful vibe with unicorn attachment. https://t.co/BCf2iMTMm8
- We know how much you've been clamoring for a G-spot and squirting class! @stellaerotica is teaching one in May! https://t.co/8JmtMTTWYU
- Looking for a set of introductory vibrating anal beads? @rocksoffltd's Petite Sensations Beads might fit the bill! https://t.co/Q55aiWJ2Tr
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury