When rabbit vibes first hit the scene, they all followed a familiar formula: long shaft, rotating beads, and, per their name, an animal-shaped clitoral stimulator. Now, though, increasingly creative manufacturers have taken the general idea of the rabbit and revolutionized it, creating new shapes and new sensations. The result is a greater selection of dual vibes than ever before!
Dual vibes are unique because their job is to succeed at two types of stimulation — vaginal penetration and clitoral stimulation — at once. Because dual toys feature two different parts that work in tandem, there’s even more to consider when picking one out. Let us guide you!
Size is, well, a biggie
Everyone has different priorities when perusing sex toys, but the size and shape of a dual vibe could be the first characteristic you use to narrow the field. Since dual vibes require you to insert the shaft almost completely to take advantage of the clitoral stimulator, the length of the insertable part of the toy is super important. If your cervix is easily irritated or your vaginal canal is short, you’ll want to look at shorter shafted toys (under 4″ insertable or so). Our rabbits with the shortest insertable lengths are the Fun Factory Pearly (2.5″ insertable) and the Butterfly Bliss (2.75″ insertable).
Girth, of course, is equally important. You don’t want to select a toy that is too big for you, or conversely, one that doesn’t fill you up enough! Find something that already feels great to you vaginally — like a toy, a penis, or a set of fingers — and measure it to get an idea of the diameter you prefer.
Some dual vibes put extra emphasis on G-spot stimulation with their curved and pronounced heads. If G-spotting bliss is what you’re after, take a look at the Fun Factory Delight, LELO Ina, and LELO Ina Wave.
Finally, the clitoral stimulator can take many forms, from the classic rabbit ears to more abstract shapes. Do you like the tickle of the rabbit ears? The Vibratex Rabbit Habit is perfect for that. If you prefer more direct stimulation, or even pressure, on your clit, the LELO Ina, Picobong Kaya, LELO Soraya, and OhMiBod Freestyle W provide that instead.
Go by feel
Almost all of our dual vibes are made of silicone, but there is a lot of variation in texture and hardness. Toys like the LELO Soraya have a velvety smooth surface but are very firm to the touch, whereas toys like the Fun Factory Tango have more give to them. Harder vibes are ideal for targeted G-spot stimulation, but softer vibes have a more plush feel.
Ask yourself what kind of stimulation you like
Power level is usually an important factor in any vibrator purchase, and it’s doubly important in the realm of dual vibes. There are both battery-powered and rechargeable dual toys. Some are equipped with a single motor, while others have two that can be controlled separately. Some have an array of vibration patterns to choose from. The LELO Ina and LELO Soraya are our most powerful rabbits, and they also feature dual motors and vibration patterns.
If you’re a real power fiend, though, here’s an interesting idea: what if you were to purchase a wand-style toy with an attachment? We carry several attachments for the Hitachi/Bodywand, and one for the Vibratex Mystic Wand, all of which provide internal and external stimulation simultaneously… and mega power to boot! The Bodywand Rabbit Attachment is the closest to the classic dual shape.
If you’re intrigued by the classic rabbit’s set of beads in the shaft that rotate to stimulate the vaginal opening and walls, the Vibratex Rabbit Habit — which is the most similar to the rabbit made famous by Sex in the City — should satisfy. Similarly, the Vibratex Violet has a bulbous head that rotates in either direction, depending on your mood. Or, for something completely different, check out the Fun Factory Stronic Eins. It’s not a dual vibe, but it thrusts back and forth rather than vibrating.
A different style of dual vibe is the C-shaped type, the most popular being the We-Vibe 4 Plus. This vibe is ideal for folks who like hands free stimulation and more shallow penetration.
While we’re on the subject of uniqueness, the Freestyle W is the only dual vibe that vibrates along to your favorite songs!
If taking your toy in the bath is high on your list of requirements, the LELO Soraya, LELO Ina, LELO Ina Wave, Fun Factory Calla, and Fun Factory Pearly are all submersible. You’re definitely not limited there!
Two can be better than one
While it’s certainly tempting to try to find a single toy that does everything you want all at once, there’s a whole wide world of dildos and mini vibes out there that can be combined for just as wonderful simultaneous stimulation. In fact, there are even a couple small vibrators that resemble the ears of a rabbit, and a rabbit-shaped sleeve that can fit on a variety of toys.
Wielding two toys is especially useful if you want G-spot stimulation — which often requires thrusting — coupled with consistent clitoral buzz. Plus, dildos come in all kinds of glorious materials (glass, stainless steel, wood) that offer an entirely different sensation from silicone.
When searching for an insertable and a clit vibe to use together, make sure neither toy will get in the way of the other during use. Avoid any clitoral toy that looks too bulky, and any insertable that could block access to your clit — we don’t want a conflict there! Ergonomic toys are especially important for this purpose, since you’ll have both hands full.
Speaking of keeping your hands full, it might be worth a trip to the shop to feel these vibes in person. Some textures and functions are better felt than described! Our staff can also help you make a decision, either in person or via email. But hopefully this walkthrough has given you some guidance on what kind of dual vibe could really rock your world.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- December 6, 2015 – Modern Dating: A Safe, Practical, and Fun Approach
- December 10, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- January 7, 2016 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- January 13, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- January 28, 2016 – Rough Sex for Everyone: Consent and Desire
- "'Okay' is a maddeningly unclear (and rather low) standard for your sex life." —@AskMarciaB. Try these Qs instead! https://t.co/5R6XpuGXGR
- SO PROUD of our very own Gretchen and AJ! Their film, Level Up, won best in show at Hump!! https://t.co/ejewdCkYEO https://t.co/orNTIlGd7w
- Last day of @LittleBoxesPDX! Show your love for local businesses today, get 10% off & be entered into a huge raffle! https://t.co/FBj3jyufNe
- TODAY is the first day of @LittleBoxesPDX, your chance to support local businesses & be entered to win sweet prizes! https://t.co/FBj3jyufNe
- Gobble gobble! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We are closed today to spend some time with all of our families, but we'll be open tomorrow.
- Need some burlesque in your life? We're giving away a pair of tix to Rue Royale Burlesque's next show! Comment here: https://t.co/OOcJcEHEvQ
- The annual Mississippi Ave Holiday Tree Lighting is taking place this Saturday! Come watch the festivities! https://t.co/HfuYLz7Trg
- "I believe I would deny myself a lot of experiences if I only used sensation on places I could feel." Great piece: https://t.co/1XQwcIbHZF
- A great article by a licensed psychotherapist about some of the causes for sexual pain and how to alleviate it. https://t.co/QFsKlD6RhW
- Our trans friends are our hearts today as we mourn those taken from us. Gather tonight at PCC Cascade for a vigil. https://t.co/bY63w4tKPi
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury