What’s the best way to show your partner that you appreciate all that they do this Mother’s Day? Well, there’s always flowers and chocolate, but if you’re looking for something that nurtures mom’s sexuality, we have some ideas for you! Like the adorable Kandi Kisses, a sophisticated, USB-rechargeable vibe disguised as a tube of lipstick. It’s just begging to be tossed into a handbag!
Have you heard about Fifty Shades of Grey? This saucy tale of a dominant and his submissive has recently been lauded as the hottest thing in the bookbags of moms everywhere, and its boundary-breaking style is delightful and titillating.
If Fifty Shades of Grey isn’t quite mom’s style, no problem — we stock several great books about keeping your sex life alive while raising kids: Love in the Time of Colic, Sexy Mamas, and Great Sex for Moms. More general sex guides, such as Never Have the Same Sex Twice and The Whole Lesbian Sex Book, are good too.
Or here’s an idea: buy a book to improve your own skills in the bedroom — something from the oral sex guides section, perhaps? — then put your newfound knowledge into action.
Has the mom in your life ever owned a Hitachi Magic Wand? It’s a classic powertool of a vibrator that many folks swear by, sure to satisfy even the most power-hungry. Or check out the Mystic Wand (which comes in both black and pink), a smaller version that takes batteries but certainly doesn’t skimp on power, either.
Another vibe that might strike mom’s fancy is the Calla, a rechargeable and fully waterproof dual toy with a unique, rippled shape. Its small, tapered shaft makes it great for beginners and those who don’t like a lot of girth, while the clitoral piece provides the perfect amount of buzz right where it’s needed.
When it comes to non-vibrating toys, kegel exercisors are a wonderful gift for moms. Regularly exercising the PC muscles brings a whole bunch of sexual benefits — more sensitivity during sex, better orgasms, and an enhanced feeling of tightness — but it also helps with incontinence and postpartum healing. We like the Ami set because it makes kegels more fun, and gives the user several options that can be utilized at different stages.
If mom’s in need of a good all-purpose lube, look no further than Sliquid Satin. Infused with aloe and carragenean, this water-based lube is both slick and moisturizing. It’s also specially formulated to provide natural comfort to anyone experiencing vaginal dryness.
Was mom around during porn’s “golden age” (late ’60s through mid-’80s)? Then mom might enjoy seeing some of the most famous movies to come out of that era, such as Debbie Does Dallas, The Devil in Miss Jones, or Alice in Wonderland. The hairstyles will bring mom right back, and the amusing storylines can’t be beat!
Massages are always a hit, especially with stressed out moms. We have all the components you need to give a rockin’ massage: massage oils (Oil of Love, Hathor Exotic Love Oil, and the Love Oil sampler), a porcelain massage stone, and even an instructional DVD.
Of course, if you can’t decide on something specific, everyone loves receiving a gift certificate! We offer gift certificates in any denomination. Take a field trip down to She Bop together and we can help mom find the perfect toy.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- March 1, 2017 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- March 9, 2017 – BJs with AJ: A Fellatio Workshop
- March 19, 2017 – Dropping the Hint, Not the Ball: Flirting 101 with Andre Shakti
- March 22, 2017 – Fisting & Manual Sex with Andre Shakti
- April 2, 2017 – Introduction to Rope Bondage
- April 16, 2017 – Nasty Naughty Negotiation!
- April 20, 2017 – Sex & Cannabis
- April 26, 2017 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- May 4, 2017 – Beyond Monogamy
- A biodegradable vibrator! Made of starch-based plastic which facilities around the country recognize as recyclable! https://t.co/kqm69QSGzb
- Today is the last day of our sale on @GladRags products! Save 10% on their awesome cloth pads and menstrual cups.… https://t.co/2hdUovrHff
- Locally made leather cuffs, collars, and harnesses? Yes please! Excited to have some new stuff from Switch Leather. https://t.co/7JFLyLuErP
- A lot of this piece resonates with us. Amazon may be easy, but small businesses help our communities thrive. https://t.co/EyR96u5z2d
- Oh hey! We're having a sale on @GladRags menstrual products! Get some cloth pads or one of their new menstrual cups… https://t.co/Ir0Rb7rnBg
- The answer is yes! We are open regular hours today at both locations, 11 am to 7 pm. Come see us!
- This weekend at @Loon_bar: a night of mingling, music, and fundraising for Planned Parenthood (@PPCW)! https://t.co/zeA9yvpr2P
- This Sunday, come celebrate the launch of @GladRags' new menstrual cup! There will be champagne, treats & prizes 🍾 https://t.co/AlDdGyFeZZ
- Did you know we have extended hours through Valentine's Day? 🌹 We're open until 8 pm at both locations! https://t.co/HMEoWo2vRJ
- Feeling spontaneous? 2 spots just opened up in our Joys of Toys class tonight at 7:30! Call us to snag 'em. https://t.co/tbVIWNOXnP
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury