Doesn’t buying stuff locally just warm the cockles of your heart? We agree — it feels really good to support local businesses. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to stock locally-made products and team up with Oregon artists for specialty items. We recently added a local section to our online shop, but here’s a more in-depth run-down of all the Beaver State goodies we carry! From floggers fashioned out of old tires to organic lube and handmade toy bags, this stuff is very Portland — just how we like it.
We are lucky to have several sex product manufacturers based in Oregon. Good Clean Love, the company behind organic Almost Naked lube, is based in Eugene. Empire Labs, who you might know as “the place that makes those Clone-a-Willy/Pussy thingies,” is in Portland. Local company Seagrape supplies us with delicious-smelling body products. GladRags, purveyors of adorable menstrual accessories such as cloth pads and the Moon Cup, calls Portland home. And Gothfox Designs, the company that brings us stunningly beautiful, hand-sewn pasties, resides just across the Columbia river from us, in Vancouver, Washington.
It can be hard to find proper storage for your sex toys sometimes, so we asked local brand Appetite to make some of their gorgeous, nature-inspired bags especially for us. Appetite padded bags and travel bags come in several sizes and are hand screen-printed. Appetite strives to use end-run, organic, and scrap material whenever possible. We only feature a few fabric choices online, but we’re constantly acquiring different fabrics in the shop.
Some items we carry in the shop are a little too varied to offer in our web store. Like the porcelain dildos from Porcelain Pleasures, which are all one-of-a-kind pieces. Crafted out of a milky white porcelain and sealed with a non-porous glaze, these dildos look and feel amazing. Then there’s the much-loved Naughty Autie’s Aprons, made for us by a local designer. We also stock an array of Courtesy Pads — sex blankets for keeping the sheets dry.
Portland has no shortage of kinksters, and we’re thrilled to carry some of their hand-crafted wares! In Her Tube is a Portland company that constructs floggers and harnesses out of recycled rubber tires. Can it get any more Portland than that?! Our rattan canes and hankies are also handmade in the City of Roses. Shiny Shiny, a company run by a pair of crafty and kinky Portlanders, supply us with hand-conditioned, organic hemp rope, in our signature plum color. We also stock Twisted Monk rope, which is from Seattle.
Of course, as home to famed book
maze store Powell’s, Portland has produced tons of fantastic writers, and we’re honored to carry several books written by and featuring them. Wild Feminine, The Chronology of Water, Oh Joy Sex Toy, Sex from Scratch, and My Erotic Adventure were all written by local women, and the work of Portland-based author Shanna Germain is featured in quite a few anthologies we stock, such as Women in Lust and Please, Sir.
Our She Bop swag is furnished by local businesses as well! Our T-shirts and undies are produced by Printed Matter; our stickers are made by Diesel Fuel Prints; and our business cards are printed by Phoenix Media. In fact, Phoenix Media is responsible for those beautiful, enlarged sex toy photos decorating the shop’s walls.
When you visit our shop’s check-out station, you may sometimes notice little boxes of chocolates beckoning to you. Those are handmade by Neapolitan Chocolate & Co., and come in some irresistible flavors such as lavendar + smoked salt and rose + raspberry. Neapolitan Chocolate & Co. have even made us boobie-shaped chocolates and chocolates with our logo on them!
Behind the scenes, we utilize local service providers in the running of She Bop: our phone company and our credit card processing company are both Portland businesses. And when you purchase something in our shop, you’ll take it home in a 100% recycled, hand-stamped paper bag from Portland Store Fixtures. Portland Store Fixtures also supplies us with tissue paper, display stands, and other doodads around the shop.
As time goes on, we plan to stock more fun and unique items from local artisans and authors. We’re thankful we live in such a great city filled with so many talented and crafty people!
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- May 4, 2017 – Beyond Monogamy
- May 17, 2017 – Wet & Wild: G-spot and Squirting Orgasms
- June 1, 2017 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- June 4, 2017 – Curvy Girl Sex: Body Positive Positions to Empower Your Sex Life
- June 11, 2017 – Sex and Survivorship: Navigating Sex After Cancer
- July 2, 2017 – Your Gender is Awesome: A Class for Trans Youth
- Join mother-daughter duo Leslie Heron + our educator Gretchen for an informative & fun class on cancer & sexuality. https://t.co/rJqKvzxfd0
- A film crew has blocked off parts of Mississippi Ave this morning. They should be done in an hr. We recommend parking near N. Borthwick Ave!
- Today is the last day to support @CalltoSafety by shopping with us. 10% of your purchase goes to their amazing work. https://t.co/dzkMi7Vmzh
- If you've been interested in kegel balls but unsure about the cost, these are very reasonable at only $26! NICE! https://t.co/0fZBY5rgc0
- Do you have a trans, gender variant, or genderqueer youth in your life? We have a new class just for under-18 peeps! https://t.co/8dLHndMSFa
- Have you been to Whoopee! yet? We spoke with show creator, @Amory_Jane, about her sex-positive variety show! https://t.co/oPAVcQUdq0
- 10% Tuesday is upon us! Visit us in person or shop online today & 10% of our sales will be donated to @CalltoSafety. https://t.co/dzkMi7Vmzh
- Orgasms will not be mythical with the Unicorn Wand! We could not resist this powerful vibe with unicorn attachment. https://t.co/BCf2iMTMm8
- We know how much you've been clamoring for a G-spot and squirting class! @stellaerotica is teaching one in May! https://t.co/8JmtMTTWYU
- Looking for a set of introductory vibrating anal beads? @rocksoffltd's Petite Sensations Beads might fit the bill! https://t.co/Q55aiWJ2Tr
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury