Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- August 3, 2016 – Jade Egg: A Tool To Increase Your Vitality, Health & Pleasure
- August 28, 2016 – Switch Leather Meet & Greet
- September 1, 2016 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- September 7, 2016 – The Joys of Toys!
- September 11, 2016 – Strap it to Me! Strap-on Sex for Everybody
- September 22, 2016 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- October 5, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- October 9, 2016 – Communication in the Bedroom: Asking for What You Want
- .@BitchMedia has a print magazine, events, a community lending library, and more. Support them by shopping with us! https://t.co/EIktLbz6Mg
- Agree that @BitchMedia is an invaluable voice in the feminist discourse? Shop with us today! 10% of sales go to them https://t.co/EIktLbz6Mg
- We picked up some wonderfully devilish items: a silicone bit gag, fleece-lined blindfold & adjustable spreader bar! https://t.co/vIFREXLlbx
- It's 10% Tuesday! Stop by the shop or even our online store and 10% of your purchase will go to @BitchMedia! https://t.co/EIktLbz6Mg
- This Saturday, sexy storytelling show @MysteryBoxPDX returns! Get tickets now for a night of hilarity and hotness! https://t.co/4IWu3cr9PT
- Last day to enter our giveaway for tickets to @CineKink! Don't miss some of the best sex-positive films out there. https://t.co/pedA5EkKlj
- Curious about the possibilities of peeing standing up? Read our guide on how to pick the perfect STP for your needs. https://t.co/oGv6CkIpgX
- We just added a bunch of classes for September and October, including a brand new one about strap-on sex! https://t.co/5lWEqR6fCn
- We ❤ @BitchMedia! This month, 10% of our sales on Tuesdays will be donated to them. Guess which day today is...? https://t.co/EIktLbz6Mg
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury