Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- February 28, 2016 – Bon Appétit!: The Fine Art of Cunnilingus
- March 13, 2016 – Communication in the Bedroom: Asking For What You Want
- March 20, 2016 – Bringin' Sexy Back: Navigating Sex After Cancer
- March 23, 2016 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- April 13, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- "Both clitorises and penises pop hella boners": wise words from @ErikaMoen. https://t.co/htsbMmMm9S
- We love Girl Sex 101 by @theallisonmoon! Here, @Autostraddle rounds up their favorite bits of advice from the book: https://t.co/nkeBwmAoep
- Today only! Bring your receipt from She Bop to Mississippi business The Herb Shoppe and get 10% off their products! https://t.co/DkyWDRpwtN
- Interested in the aphrodisiac properties of herbs? Check out this class presented by the Herb Shoppe on Mississippi! https://t.co/MXEWqbRxhn
- On the hunt for the perfect Valentine's Day gift? We have you covered! Our gift guide here: https://t.co/G4po86neXx https://t.co/9Wgc1L0gID
- Do you have tickets to @mysteryboxpdx yet? This month features tales of public sex, polyamory, masturbation, & more. https://t.co/U0lno4suCS
- Well look at that! We're giving away three Womanizers on our blog! Suction for everyone — just in time for V-Day. https://t.co/m1CmhZJ5sn
- Join us & several other swanky vendors this Thurs for a Valentine's pop-up shop to celebrate the launch of @sexy_pdx https://t.co/OXjVfHRLUH
- The month of looooove is here, and our February newsletter is packed full of romantic gift ideas and events! https://t.co/Kv2svvwYgR
- Edible underwear wasn't supposed to be a real thing; it was a joke at first. The history of edible sex products: https://t.co/2RguSwfl5p
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury