Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- July 28, 2016 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- August 3, 2016 – Jade Egg: A Tool To Increase Your Vitality, Health & Pleasure
- August 8, 2016 – Navigating Non-Monogamy
- August 14, 2016 – Introduction to Rope Bondage
- August 16, 2016 – Rough Sex for Nice Folks
- August 28, 2016 – Switch Leather Meet & Greet
- September 1, 2016 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- September 7, 2016 – The Joys of Toys!
- Today is the Division/Clinton Street Fair! Experience great art, food, clothing, music and fun along SE Division. https://t.co/x1iG7VepNo
- It means so much to us to have such a supportive community! Thank you kind voters for this @wweek Best of PDX award! https://t.co/OqAGa7QDCu
- We are suckers for vintage vibrators, and there are tons of them in this video! Plus the song is pretty catchy. https://t.co/07C22BbfrV
- Join Pink Hanky and pastie makers @GothfoxDesigns this Saturday for a night of performance dedicated to Beyoncé! https://t.co/wfjKC9VJU1
- Our incredibly popular fellatio class will be back in Sept! It sounds far away, we know, but this one fills up fast. https://t.co/2ye2nEcjy7
- This Friday! Rue Royale Burlesque are putting on a show starring Burgundy Brixx + a full line-up of performers! https://t.co/p4bcFhnjYh
- Wanna hop in the dating game? There are still spots left in tonight's Modern Dating class, taught by @stellaerotica! https://t.co/0gEad0gdxc
- Really into this cheeky video on consent... and tea. https://t.co/EtvoleGCsO
- Today is the Mississippi Street Fair! We have a booth at Beech and Mississippi. The shop is also open all day! https://t.co/6WCyfQLVIh
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury