Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- October 5, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- October 9, 2016 – Communication in the Bedroom: Asking for What You Want
- October 23, 2016 – Redefining Success When Polyamorous Relationships End
- November 6, 2016 – Bon Appetit!: The Fine Art of Cunnilingus
- November 13, 2016 – Introduction to Rope Bondage
- Sparkly vibes, a sale on harnesses, @Amory_Jane's teaching tour & a class from @drelisheff in our Sept newsletter! https://t.co/6u0R6rP8Ks
- Today's your last chance to help out @BitchMedia by shopping with us. We're donating 10% of sales to them! https://t.co/EIktLbz6Mg
- COCKS NOT GLOCKS! Students are protesting laws that allow concealed guns on campuses—by openly carrying dildos. https://t.co/Ttso8S0KtP
- .@BitchMedia has a print magazine, events, a community lending library, and more. Support them by shopping with us! https://t.co/EIktLbz6Mg
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury