Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- November 29, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- December 6, 2015 – Modern Dating: A Safe, Practical, and Fun Approach
- December 10, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- January 13, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- Gobble gobble! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We are closed today to spend some time with all of our families, but we'll be open tomorrow.
- Need some burlesque in your life? We're giving away a pair of tix to Rue Royale Burlesque's next show! Comment here: https://t.co/OOcJcEHEvQ
- The annual Mississippi Ave Holiday Tree Lighting is taking place this Saturday! Come watch the festivities! https://t.co/HfuYLz7Trg
- "I believe I would deny myself a lot of experiences if I only used sensation on places I could feel." Great piece: https://t.co/1XQwcIbHZF
- A great article by a licensed psychotherapist about some of the causes for sexual pain and how to alleviate it. https://t.co/QFsKlD6RhW
- Our trans friends are our hearts today as we mourn those taken from us. Gather tonight at PCC Cascade for a vigil. https://t.co/bY63w4tKPi
- Have you seen @wweek's Give!Guide? Today, if you give to @BitchMedia, you could win a gift certificate from us! https://t.co/Yjx4ftYEhP
- Want to see some sexy seasonal burlesque? We have a pair of tix to Rue Royale Burlesque's next show! Comment here: https://t.co/ebGsCC50C3
- This is one of the COOLEST art exhibits ever! Over 5,000 hand-stitched sex toys, condoms, lube, and magazines! https://t.co/dFmqhYxbu4
- Next weekend is @LittleBoxesPDX, a great way to support local businesses and get yourself some discounts! Details: https://t.co/0WpyVRuVtt
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury