Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- Further proof @JizLee is the greatest: "Ethical Porn Stars When We Pay For It." http://t.co/Oml1Izae0o
- Music makes sex better, yes, but the study listing "My Heart Will Go On" as a top 10 sex song seems suspect... http://t.co/q9tmTi21nS
- Wanna see some awesome burlesque for FREE? We have a pair of tickets to Rue Royale Burlesque's next show on April 4! http://t.co/1ZWqBZmaUk
- Last November, @CuddleUpToMe opened on E. Burnside. What's a cuddling session like? Read our blog post! http://t.co/TwNnb8reb2
- "7 Surprising Things You Learn While Working At A Sex Shop" has some solid points about pronouns, lube, butts & more: http://t.co/QXY7msMlvK
- Judging by how quickly our cunnilingus class tonight filled up, this is true: http://t.co/doctHw6T2z
- We are proud to be sponsors of Rue Royale Burlesque! Check out their next show on April 4th at @StarTheaterPDX. http://t.co/r5ShPfOf47
- A woman whose vulva is memorialized in @Fleshlight form visits the factory where her likeness is made. Heartwarming! http://t.co/z4NbO4LhaB
- Listen to our fab @Amory_Jane on @SexGetsReal discussing toxic sex toys, anal play, ethical non-monogamy, and more! http://t.co/boLaPrqzzJ
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury