Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- October 8, 2015 – Jiz Lee's Sex Tips from the Porn Set
- October 18, 2015 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- October 28, 2015 – Mapping the Vulva: Anatomy, Communication, Touch, & Pleasure
- October 29, 2015 – Halloween Happy Hour with Clone-a-Willy!
- November 1, 2015 – Even More Pleasure, Power, and Pain: Expanding Your BDSM Experiences
- November 18, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- We lost an adult industry pioneer when @CandidaRoyalle died of ovarian cancer. Now we're honoring her on our blog: http://t.co/Q6IMXhfIgG
- We're donating 10% of our sales on Tuesdays this month to @BradleyAngle's domestic violence services. Visit us today http://t.co/hdxNigRqji
- Boo! Our October newsletter is here! Find out about fun upcoming events w/ @JizLee and @Cloneawilly, plus new toys! http://t.co/bGdAbVxTLT
- Join us for a FREE event with Portland-based @cloneawilly! Eat snacks, make a silicone replica of your finger! https://t.co/f9ANnPDOYj
- Queer porn icon @JizLee is visiting in October to present Jiz Lee's Sex Tips from the Porn Set! Get tickets now: http://t.co/8zsgkGKtNT
- Going back to college this month or know someone who is? This is solid advice for queer students from @Autostraddle! http://t.co/L8P1yeCiLw
- .@BitchMedia is trusting us to bet on the power of feminist media. Buy a subscription or make a donation by Sept 30. http://t.co/1lRwftOrAo
- Our Education Coordinator @Amory_Jane is at #ccon right now, learning sex educating goodness from @TristanTaormino! http://t.co/68a9mxdwJV
- Our Education Coordinator @Amory_Jane is at #cconbootcamp right now with @TristanTaormino! Surely learning tons!
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury