Joan Price, blogger at Better Than I Ever Expected and author of two books about senior sex, is putting together a collection of erotica from writers over the age of 50, with stories featuring characters also over the age of 50. This senior erotica anthology will be published in Spring 2013 by Seal Press, so Price is looking for submissions right now:
. . . the truth is that we seniors don’t respond to the sopping-wet panties and rock-hard erections that are the hallmark of traditional, youth-oriented erotica. Instead, we want erotica that we can relate to, that encompasses the changes and adaptations of age, that acknowledges how we like to be stimulated. Age is accepted, celebrated, and sensually enjoyed.
Characters may be having spicy sex with partners they love and have loved for decades; or with new loves or casual encounters; or solo with hands, vibrators, memories, and fantasies. Although I admit my bias towards erotica that is tender and loving, I’m also looking for edgy and kinky stories for a balanced collection.
Seal Press and I will choose submissions of high literary quality, not just good, explicit sex scenes. Arouse us with a sexy, well-crafted plot we haven’t read before, characters who entice us and feel real to us, language that describes sex in a new way. I welcome diversity of all kinds, including race, ethnic background, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, and every other kind of diversity.
. . . I’d prefer the sex scenes to take place at the characters’ current age (over 50, 60, 70…). A story or two with flashbacks to younger years is fine, but I’m getting too many youthful flashbacks and too few current-age erotic scenes. What makes a story sexy and arousing at our age? That’s your challenge!
Price is trying to do something “truly different” by encouraging erotica that is a genuine reflection of senior sex, which is fantastic!
Story length should be between 1,500 and 3,000 words. Authors may submit up to two pieces. The submission deadline is February 1, 2012, but earlier submissions are preferred. Visit the call for submissions post for all the info.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- November 29, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- December 6, 2015 – Modern Dating: A Safe, Practical, and Fun Approach
- December 10, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- January 13, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- Last day of @LittleBoxesPDX! Show your love for local businesses today, get 10% off & be entered into a huge raffle! https://t.co/FBj3jyufNe
- TODAY is the first day of @LittleBoxesPDX, your chance to support local businesses & be entered to win sweet prizes! https://t.co/FBj3jyufNe
- Gobble gobble! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We are closed today to spend some time with all of our families, but we'll be open tomorrow.
- Need some burlesque in your life? We're giving away a pair of tix to Rue Royale Burlesque's next show! Comment here: https://t.co/OOcJcEHEvQ
- The annual Mississippi Ave Holiday Tree Lighting is taking place this Saturday! Come watch the festivities! https://t.co/HfuYLz7Trg
- "I believe I would deny myself a lot of experiences if I only used sensation on places I could feel." Great piece: https://t.co/1XQwcIbHZF
- A great article by a licensed psychotherapist about some of the causes for sexual pain and how to alleviate it. https://t.co/QFsKlD6RhW
- Our trans friends are our hearts today as we mourn those taken from us. Gather tonight at PCC Cascade for a vigil. https://t.co/bY63w4tKPi
- Have you seen @wweek's Give!Guide? Today, if you give to @BitchMedia, you could win a gift certificate from us! https://t.co/Yjx4ftYEhP
- Want to see some sexy seasonal burlesque? We have a pair of tix to Rue Royale Burlesque's next show! Comment here: https://t.co/ebGsCC50C3
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury