Joan Price, blogger at Better Than I Ever Expected and author of two books about senior sex, is putting together a collection of erotica from writers over the age of 50, with stories featuring characters also over the age of 50. This senior erotica anthology will be published in Spring 2013 by Seal Press, so Price is looking for submissions right now:
. . . the truth is that we seniors don’t respond to the sopping-wet panties and rock-hard erections that are the hallmark of traditional, youth-oriented erotica. Instead, we want erotica that we can relate to, that encompasses the changes and adaptations of age, that acknowledges how we like to be stimulated. Age is accepted, celebrated, and sensually enjoyed.
Characters may be having spicy sex with partners they love and have loved for decades; or with new loves or casual encounters; or solo with hands, vibrators, memories, and fantasies. Although I admit my bias towards erotica that is tender and loving, I’m also looking for edgy and kinky stories for a balanced collection.
Seal Press and I will choose submissions of high literary quality, not just good, explicit sex scenes. Arouse us with a sexy, well-crafted plot we haven’t read before, characters who entice us and feel real to us, language that describes sex in a new way. I welcome diversity of all kinds, including race, ethnic background, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, and every other kind of diversity.
. . . I’d prefer the sex scenes to take place at the characters’ current age (over 50, 60, 70…). A story or two with flashbacks to younger years is fine, but I’m getting too many youthful flashbacks and too few current-age erotic scenes. What makes a story sexy and arousing at our age? That’s your challenge!
Price is trying to do something “truly different” by encouraging erotica that is a genuine reflection of senior sex, which is fantastic!
Story length should be between 1,500 and 3,000 words. Authors may submit up to two pieces. The submission deadline is February 1, 2012, but earlier submissions are preferred. Visit the call for submissions post for all the info.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- August 6, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- August 12, 2015 – Modern Dating: A Safe, Practical, and Fun Approach
- August 23, 2015 – Bon Appetit!: The Fine Art of Cunnilingus
- September 17, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- September 24, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- September 30, 2015 – Communication in the Bedroom: Asking For What You Want
- Just a jolly little song about a vibrator that we now have stuck in our heads forever. Good work, @MacyGraysLife! http://t.co/Cakxx4Cr7G
- Our August newsletter is out! 10% Tuesdays for @BitchMedia, burlesque show giveaway, new products, upcoming classes! http://t.co/Rd1gDPBzOY
- Hurrah! We have another pair of tickets to give away! This time to Rue Royale Burlesque. Comment here to enter: http://t.co/UUp2aNxvlp
- Last chance to win a pair of tickets to @CineKink next Wednesday at @cstpdx! Comment on our Facebook post to enter: http://t.co/KRKD0wrQ98
- Wanna win a pair of tickets to @CineKink at @cstpdx next Wednesday?! Comment on our Facebook with which showing! http://t.co/CD11GwYA6H
- Yoseñio V. Lewis, a humble soul who taught a trans sex class for us, needs help with medical bills. Every bit helps! http://t.co/1bIcaRhsz2
- Dildos at shops used to be hidden, only produced if customer asked if they had "anything else" http://t.co/Xf5lPCsj83 http://t.co/ulQ4n3j1ft
- Today is Division/Clinton Street Fair & Parade! Visit the neighborhood for festivities & pop into our Division shop! http://t.co/X8w3UuIhm1
- We're hiring! Check out this post on our blog for all the details on how to apply: http://t.co/z6ABiioMDQ http://t.co/OYXhl70t8E
- Thank you to all you wonderful peeps for voting us the best sex toy store in PDX in the @wweek! http://t.co/WaoNBeoGXP
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury