October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and She Bop will be donating 10% of all in-store sales on Tuesdays this month to Bradley Angle, an organization whose mission is to offer survivors of domestic and sexual violence options for safety, empowerment, healing and hope, while collaborating with local communities to create social change.
In 1975, Bradley Angle became the first domestic violence shelter on the West Coast (and only the 4th in the United States). Over the years, their services have expanded to include a 24-hour crisis line, transitional housing, support groups, community-based advocacy, and three programs unique to Oregon: culturally specific programming for African and African-American survivors, an economic empowerment program called Making Cent$, and support for LGBTQ survivors.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- August 6, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- August 12, 2015 – Modern Dating: A Safe, Practical, and Fun Approach
- August 23, 2015 – Bon Appetit!: The Fine Art of Cunnilingus
- September 17, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- September 24, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- September 30, 2015 – Communication in the Bedroom: Asking For What You Want
- Last chance to win a pair of tickets to @CineKink next Wednesday at @cstpdx! Comment on our Facebook post to enter: http://t.co/KRKD0wrQ98
- Wanna win a pair of tickets to @CineKink at @cstpdx next Wednesday?! Comment on our Facebook with which showing! http://t.co/CD11GwYA6H
- Yoseñio V. Lewis, a humble soul who taught a trans sex class for us, needs help with medical bills. Every bit helps! http://t.co/1bIcaRhsz2
- Dildos at shops used to be hidden, only produced if customer asked if they had "anything else" http://t.co/Xf5lPCsj83 http://t.co/ulQ4n3j1ft
- Today is Division/Clinton Street Fair & Parade! Visit the neighborhood for festivities & pop into our Division shop! http://t.co/X8w3UuIhm1
- We're hiring! Check out this post on our blog for all the details on how to apply: http://t.co/z6ABiioMDQ http://t.co/OYXhl70t8E
- Thank you to all you wonderful peeps for voting us the best sex toy store in PDX in the @wweek! http://t.co/WaoNBeoGXP
- We have been getting a lot of Qs about the dildos around town—however, it is definitely not the handiwork of She Bop! http://t.co/86fQZzPpID
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury