October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and She Bop will be donating 10% of all in-store sales on Tuesdays this month to Bradley Angle, an organization whose mission is to offer survivors of domestic and sexual violence options for safety, empowerment, healing and hope, while collaborating with local communities to create social change.
In 1975, Bradley Angle became the first domestic violence shelter on the West Coast (and only the 4th in the United States). Over the years, their services have expanded to include a 24-hour crisis line, transitional housing, support groups, community-based advocacy, and three programs unique to Oregon: culturally specific programming for African and African-American survivors, an economic empowerment program called Making Cent$, and support for LGBTQ survivors.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- November 29, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- December 6, 2015 – Modern Dating: A Safe, Practical, and Fun Approach
- December 10, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- January 13, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- Gobble gobble! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We are closed today to spend some time with all of our families, but we'll be open tomorrow.
- Need some burlesque in your life? We're giving away a pair of tix to Rue Royale Burlesque's next show! Comment here: https://t.co/OOcJcEHEvQ
- The annual Mississippi Ave Holiday Tree Lighting is taking place this Saturday! Come watch the festivities! https://t.co/HfuYLz7Trg
- "I believe I would deny myself a lot of experiences if I only used sensation on places I could feel." Great piece: https://t.co/1XQwcIbHZF
- A great article by a licensed psychotherapist about some of the causes for sexual pain and how to alleviate it. https://t.co/QFsKlD6RhW
- Our trans friends are our hearts today as we mourn those taken from us. Gather tonight at PCC Cascade for a vigil. https://t.co/bY63w4tKPi
- Have you seen @wweek's Give!Guide? Today, if you give to @BitchMedia, you could win a gift certificate from us! https://t.co/Yjx4ftYEhP
- Want to see some sexy seasonal burlesque? We have a pair of tix to Rue Royale Burlesque's next show! Comment here: https://t.co/ebGsCC50C3
- This is one of the COOLEST art exhibits ever! Over 5,000 hand-stitched sex toys, condoms, lube, and magazines! https://t.co/dFmqhYxbu4
- Next weekend is @LittleBoxesPDX, a great way to support local businesses and get yourself some discounts! Details: https://t.co/0WpyVRuVtt
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury