Each Tuesday in April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- May 27, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- June 4, 2015 – Keeping the Fire Alive: Satisfying and Sustainable Sex
- June 25, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- July 2, 2015 – Even More Pleasure, Power, and Pain: Expanding Your BDSM Experiences
- July 8, 2015 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- July 26, 2015 – Let's Play with Rope Tonight!: A Friendly Introduction to Bondage
- Masturbation isn't easy for everybody. If you find it difficult, not pleasurable, or simply dull, here are some tips. http://t.co/BKyVuON6L0
- Need something fun and informative to do tonight? We still have spots left in @KinkySexyGeeky's intro to BDSM class! http://t.co/EqY1Ptn1qe
- Want to strap your fave dildo to your Magic Wand? You can with this ingenious attachment! http://t.co/3U8YcdtX5N
- At the end of the month, G-spot aficionado @DeborahSundahl will be in town for a day-long workshop & evening lecture http://t.co/iSSJsV4Ov8
- .@transactivepdx runs a national chest binder distribution program. Visit us today and your purchase will support it! http://t.co/tcPmUmS79y
- If you haven't seen Hysteria, about the invention of the vibrator, there's a showing at Hollywood Theatre next week! http://t.co/7E2JDqM70Q
- Help these awesome folks make a coffee table book about everyday people and their masturbation practices! http://t.co/9bkasv9qP5
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury