Each Tuesday in April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- April 23, 2015 – Renaming Desire: Trans/Non-Trans Sex Revisited
- May 3, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- May 21, 2015 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- May 27, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- Ooh, the films for this year's @QDocFilm Queer Documentary Film Fest have been announced, & tickets are on sale now! http://t.co/JnvT8iLxAY
- Next week we're welcoming Yoseñio V. Lewis for a workshop on trans/nontrans sex. Tix are still available—get yrs now! http://t.co/YhukNd4d1w
- Come shop with us today to support the efforts of @PWCL! 10% of sales today will go to their life-saving services. http://t.co/EvTdo3OLGq
- It's Tuesday! If you shop with us today, 10% of your purchase will go to supporting the essential work of @PWCL. http://t.co/EvTdo3OLGq
- Hop hop hop! Happy Easter! We are open regular hours today at both our locations, 11am - 7pm. Come get some treats! http://t.co/t5SLRodUYa
- April newsletter is here! Info on new products (eg a kegel toy w phone app!) + upcoming classes on trans sex &more! http://t.co/gGStW27A37
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury