Each Tuesday in April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- July 6, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- July 17, 2016 – Modern Dating: A Safe, Practical, and Fun Approach
- July 28, 2016 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- August 3, 2016 – Jade Egg: A Tool To Increase Your Vitality, Health & Pleasure
- August 8, 2016 – Navigating Non-Monogamy
- August 14, 2016 – Introduction to Rope Bondage
- August 16, 2016 – Rough Sex for Nice Folks
- It's the last Tuesday of the month, and your final chance to support the @QCenter by shopping with us: https://t.co/djVmKQ6mMX
- Tonight's the Naked Bike Ride! Need some fancy pasties? Or perhaps socks that read "Spank Me"? We have 'em, and we're open until 8 p.m. :)
- Tuesday is here! 10% of our sales today will go to the @qcenter and their rad LGBTQ community services and support. https://t.co/djVmKQ6mMX
- Powerful words from @GoodCleanLove's blog, trying to process the recent Stanford sexual assault case. https://t.co/HgjFfYppcd
- Tonight up the street at the @QCenter: a vigil for the Orlando victims, for us to mourn and stand together. https://t.co/jWhmsLAFDM
- Wow! This is an amazing victory for nonbinary folks, and may be the first ruling of its kind in the U.S. https://t.co/cktNWODRwj
- Do you love the @qcenter as much as we do? Shop with us today and 10% of your purchase will be donated to them! https://t.co/djVmKQ6mMX
- In light of today's tragedy, we're postponing tonight's event w Switch Leather (new date TBA). Please join us at the vigil downtown instead.
- There will be a vigil tonight for Portland to come together in solidarity and mourning. https://t.co/pRcM75ECiF
- We are speechless. Our hearts go out to the victims, the people of Orlando, & everyone in the LGBTQ community today. https://t.co/4uAOFd9KJN
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury