Each Tuesday in April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- June 7, 2016 – Mapping the Vulva: Anatomy, Communication, Touch, & Pleasure
- June 12, 2016 – Switch Leather Meet & Greet
- June 30, 2016 – Swinging & Threesomes & Orgies, Oh My!
- July 6, 2016 – Exploring Burlesque: Striptease Salon
- July 17, 2016 – Modern Dating: A Safe, Practical, and Fun Approach
- July 28, 2016 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- August 3, 2016 – Jade Egg: A Tool To Increase Your Vitality, Health & Pleasure
- August 14, 2016 – Introduction to Rope Bondage
- Yep, we are open today! Regular hours at both our locations: 11 am to 7 pm. We also have a military discount if you bring your ID.
- A sweet post from PDX sex blogger @Suggestive! Good advice too: "Only buy toys you're actually interested in using!" https://t.co/aCRklPe9PS
- Polls close on @WWeek's Best of Portland survey in 3 days! Throw some love at @XRAYFM & @ErikaMoen's Oh Joy Sex Toy! https://t.co/DCP0jdvafW
- Masturbation Month is almost over! Check our ideas for trying something new during your usual masturbation routine: https://t.co/0EuoZ1W12j
- Look at that! It's our education coordinator @Amory_Jane giving A+ tips for exploring your sex toy options. https://t.co/9REeEehGXq
- Our fave day of the week is here: Tuesday! 10% of sales today will be donated to @TransActivePDX's In a Bind program https://t.co/BcJmydsdbz
- Ha! The legendary Hitachi Magic Wand takes its rightful place as the #10 most influential gadget of all time! https://t.co/WGC8iHgdp4
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury