Each Tuesday in April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- September 17, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- September 24, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- September 30, 2015 – Communication in the Bedroom: Asking For What You Want
- October 18, 2015 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- October 28, 2015 – Mapping the Vulva: Anatomy, Communication, Touch, & Pleasure
- November 1, 2015 – Even More Pleasure, Power, and Pain: Expanding Your BDSM Experiences
- Last day to support @BitchMedia by shopping with us! Get yourself something nice & 10% of your purchase goes to them http://t.co/vtmTa8MHZs
- It's Tuesday! Visit us today (or shop online) & 10% of your purchase supports the feminist efforts of @BitchMedia! http://t.co/vtmTa8MHZs
- Love how @BitchMedia dismantles pop culture w/ a feminist lens? Shop w/ us today & 10% of purchase will go to them! http://t.co/vtmTa8MHZs
- Want to see some awesome burlesque? We're giving away a pair of tickets to Rue Royale Burlesque! Comment to enter: http://t.co/AXKbDlrLVf
- Shop with us on any Tuesday this month (including today) and 10% of your purchase will go straight to @BitchMedia! http://t.co/vtmTa8MHZs
- Just a jolly little song about a vibrator that we now have stuck in our heads forever. Good work, @MacyGraysLife! http://t.co/Cakxx4Cr7G
- Our August newsletter is out! 10% Tuesdays for @BitchMedia, burlesque show giveaway, new products, upcoming classes! http://t.co/Rd1gDPBzOY
- Hurrah! We have another pair of tickets to give away! This time to Rue Royale Burlesque. Comment here to enter: http://t.co/UUp2aNxvlp
- Last chance to win a pair of tickets to @CineKink next Wednesday at @cstpdx! Comment on our Facebook post to enter: http://t.co/KRKD0wrQ98
- Wanna win a pair of tickets to @CineKink at @cstpdx next Wednesday?! Comment on our Facebook with which showing! http://t.co/CD11GwYA6H
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury