Each Tuesday in April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- May 11, 2016 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- May 19, 2016 – Sharing Stories About First-Time Sex: Open Communication with the Young People in our Lives
- May 26, 2016 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- June 7, 2016 – Mapping the Vulva: Anatomy, Communication, Touch, & Pleasure
- June 12, 2016 – Switch Leather Meet & Greet
- June 30, 2016 – Swinging & Threesomes & Orgies, Oh My!
- This was an awesome move by Target. https://t.co/9pOZIMliQo
- For our first Tuesday of the month, stop in and support @transactivepdx! 10% of our sales today will go to their In a Bind binder program.
- Another chance to see HUMP!? Yes! Get your tickets now for a re-run of the 2015 amateur porn line-up! https://t.co/0bNIy4XRyw
- Our May newsletter: 20% off the G-Slim, a new class about threesomes, plus yoni eggs and an app-controlled vibrator! https://t.co/QhJ6zI53q9
- Mon at Powell's: a reading & book signing for @BitchMedia cofounder Andi Zeisler's new book, WE WERE FEMINISTS ONCE. https://t.co/PRyWr9Jlre
- Today is the last Tues of the month & your last chance to support @PWCL by shopping with us. Come in or shop online! https://t.co/hHkyi02vFr
- It's a good day when @QDocFilm announces their line-up! Get tix to see some of the year's best queer documentaries. https://t.co/RTpJ1x3Jeh
- Want to support the life-saving services offered by @PWCL? Visit us today! 10% of our sales will be donated to them. https://t.co/hHkyi02vFr
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- The Portland Mercury